Issues With Data Uploader

Hello,

I am attempting to use Data Uploader to copy data from a Google Sheet to Smartsheet. I have it set up that whenever someone add/changes anything on the Google Sheet, the Uploader will add those additions/changes to the subsequent Smartsheet.

However, when I run the Uploader, none of my changes are added to the Smartsheet. Is anyone else experiencing issues with this?

Ben

Best Answer

• Melissa Manzanera
    Answer ✓

Hey Ben

For the two rows you added that didn't update at the same time, it might be because you clicked on run too quickly. Sometimes its better to give it a minute so all the information is updated on the source sheet and then click run.

As for the blank rows, if you had data and deleted it, its probable that there is still cell history. I am not sure why this happens at times but I usually toggle the delete missing rows in the workflow or just manually delete these extra rows. Just be careful with the Delete missing rows option as it could delete other information.

Best,

Melissa

Answers

• Hi Ben,

What you are saying is that you want to merge information from Google Sheet to Smartsheet with the Merge option. Make sure Update existing rows and Add new rows are toggled as ON and I would also recommend and confirm that the mapping is correct as well as the Unique Identifier Column is selected.

When trying my own Data Uploader workflow it worked fine, but then I decided to change the Column Name headers in my Smartsheet and the workflow stopped working. If you changed the Column headers after creating the workflow it's possible that the same thing happened to you. I would make a new configuration with these new headers.

Let me know if this works.

• Hi Melissa,

Yes, that worked perfectly, thank you. However, I'm noticing two new problems. I added two new rows to my Google Sheet, and when I run the Data Uploader, it only added one of the new rows; I had to run it twice to get both rows. Does Data Uploader only add one row per run?

I also noticed that, after running the Data Uploader, about ten blank rows appear between the last row in my Smartsheet and the new row that was added. Any idea why this is happening?

Thank You,

Ben

• Melissa Manzanera
    Answer ✓

Hey Ben

For the two rows you added that didn't update at the same time, it might be because you clicked on run too quickly. Sometimes its better to give it a minute so all the information is updated on the source sheet and then click run.

As for the blank rows, if you had data and deleted it, its probable that there is still cell history. I am not sure why this happens at times but I usually toggle the delete missing rows in the workflow or just manually delete these extra rows. Just be careful with the Delete missing rows option as it could delete other information.

Best,

Melissa