Customer Surveys

Good afternoon Smartsheet community.

I would like to get some feedback on the best method/approach in using Smartsheet for the distribution and collection of customer surveys. We have an Smartsheet that is populated with rows or completed completed repairs. We are capturing the customer's e-mail address, and would like to push out a survey to the customer with 3 to 4 questions (and they don't have access to Smartsheet). Upon receiving their response we would like to "update" the existing Smartsheet row for that customer (rather than creating a new record).

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback on how best to approach this I appreciate it.

Thank-you in advance.

Tony

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can use placeholders in the body and subject of the automated Update Request to include any of that information, and you wouldn't have to copy/paste the email if it is in a contact type column.

I have this current setup in a sheet already. I have a handful of dates that I track for each project. Once the last date is entered, (if the customer provided an email address) an Update Request is triggered to send out the 4 question columns, and I include some placeholders in the subject and body to make each one more personalized.

It is fully automated and triggers when the final date is entered, but the trigger itself could be something like you marking a status as "Complete" or whatever you need.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest sending an Update Request instead and only give them access to the "questions" columns.

• Thanks Paul,

I am looking for something that will allow for a more user friendly experience. I would like to be able to include some details of their repair, without allowing them to edit it. Also would ideally like a method that automates the process (where we wouldn't have to copy and paste the e-mail address to send out the update.

Appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can use placeholders in the body and subject of the automated Update Request to include any of that information, and you wouldn't have to copy/paste the email if it is in a contact type column.

I have this current setup in a sheet already. I have a handful of dates that I track for each project. Once the last date is entered, (if the customer provided an email address) an Update Request is triggered to send out the 4 question columns, and I include some placeholders in the subject and body to make each one more personalized.

It is fully automated and triggers when the final date is entered, but the trigger itself could be something like you marking a status as "Complete" or whatever you need.