Multiple Row Attachment

Options

Hello,

I have a list of links that I want to attach to corresponding rows in Smartsheet. Is there a way to attach this to the corresponding rows without having to do so for each individual row? As of now, I will have to copy the row 1 excel link and then open the attachment in row 1 of smartsheet and paste the link. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks,

Miles

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Miles Allison

The way you're doing it is the correct way to add attachments or comments to individual rows. Smartsheet will need you to identify the row number that you're looking to attach information to in order to associate your link/attachment with that row.

As an alternative, if you are using a URL link, you could create a column to house the hyperlink instead. That way you can copy multiple links and paste them down multiple rows at one time (see: Tips for Using Copy and Paste).

If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do, it may be helpful to see a screen capture of how your sheet is set up and your current process (but please block out any sensitive data).

Thanks!

Genevieve