Count employees starting by a set date

Hello, I am making a dashboard for a staffing tracker. I need to count the number of employees for a given building that will be ready for start by a given date. They should not be counted if they have been disqualified. The start can be less than or equal to the "Start by 5/1" in the example. Here is a rough start:

=COUNTIFS([Disqualified]:[Disqualified], "0", Building:Building, "Building 1", [Expected Start]:[Expected Start], <= (05/01/2021))

I know I don' t have the date part right. When I use this it comes back as zero, should read 2 as in example

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Try:

=COUNTIFS([employee]:[employee], [Disqualified]:[Disqualified], 0, Building:Building, "Building 1", [Expected Start]:[Expected Start], <= date(2021,5,1))

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Try:

=COUNTIFS([employee]:[employee], [Disqualified]:[Disqualified], 0, Building:Building, "Building 1", [Expected Start]:[Expected Start], <= date(2021,5,1))

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• I got #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET

Sorry I changed some of the column names in the example. Here is what I revised to:

=COUNTIFS([First Name]:[First Name], Disqualified:Disqualified, 0, Building:Building, "MTC-East", [Estimated Completion Date]:[Estimated Completion Date], <=DATE(2021, 5, 1))

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ooops. I failed to add a criteria for the 1st range. Try:

=COUNTIFS([First Name]:[First Name], ISTEXT(@cell), Disqualified:Disqualified, 0, Building:Building, "MTC-East", [Estimated Completion Date]:[Estimated Completion Date], <=DATE(2021, 5, 1))

Mark

• That's it! Thanks!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!