Countif w/ multi drop down

Options

Hi,

I have a list of drop down items:

I am trying to total the amount of those selected on another sheet. (How many rows contain those three items bundled together). I am getting an error message when I try:

=COUNTIFS({LOA Tracker Range 2}, "Jordan Own", {LOA Tracker Range 5}, "FMLA" AND "CFRA" AND "Wave Parental Leave")

What am I missing?

Thanks! :)

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I goofed the syntax. Try:

=COUNTIFS({LOA Tracker Range 2}, "Jordan Own", {LOA Tracker Range 5}, AND(HAS(@cell, "FMLA"), HAS(@cell,"CFRA"), HAS(@cell,"Wave Parental Leave")))

Work this time?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try:

=COUNTIFS({LOA Tracker Range 2}, "Jordan Own", {LOA Tracker Range 5}, HAS(@cell, AND("FMLA", "CFRA", "Wave Parental Leave"))

The HAS function return true if the multiselect cell has the exact content and false if not.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Jordan Ionita
    Jordan Ionita ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mark,

It is showing as 0, even though there are those combinations...

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I goofed the syntax. Try:

=COUNTIFS({LOA Tracker Range 2}, "Jordan Own", {LOA Tracker Range 5}, AND(HAS(@cell, "FMLA"), HAS(@cell,"CFRA"), HAS(@cell,"Wave Parental Leave")))

Work this time?

Mark

• Jordan Ionita
    Jordan Ionita ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yay this worked! Thank you!!!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent. Glad you found a solution. Please accept an answer to close the discussion. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!