Setting up a Workflow

Options

I have a column in my Smartsheet for responsible person. I would like to set up a workflow that will send out an email to the person that is placed into the responsible person column, but would like to set it up where only one email is sent out for all items shown for that specific person. Is this possible? Do I need to build a report to make this work? What is the best way to accomplish this task? Can anyone provide me with some assistance?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Shauna Brotz

Hope you are fine, when you build a workflow using a contact column to send the alert for spacific contact on that column it will send every row have that contact on that row.

i think it's better to build a report with the filter of that contact column and share it using the current user filter so every user who opens that report will see only the rows assigned to him.

please read the following article it will help you "Create a Filter to Show or Hide Data"

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!