Smartsheetlabs map is being depreciated. Any alternative?

Smartsheetlabs MAP is being depreciated and the alternative provided is an offline google map.

Is there anything available where smartsheet can be linked live to a map? Anything in works?

A lot of my clients won't be happy with this news.....

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/12/21

Hi @jamalkhalid79936 ,

Appreciate the post. I'm a maps user scrambling to find an alternative. The static Google map solution proposed by Smartsheet doesn't work for me. For starters, our network blocks most Google map content. I glanced at Mapsly since it has a Smartsheet interface and can be bidirectional. I'm unable to do the trial. I need to do more research. The Mapsly pricing confused me. Looks like several fees to be able to share maps.

Looking forward to comments from others. We only have a few weeks to find a replacement capability.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have started looking at Mapsly.com

It might be something you can use. They are apparently working with SmartSheet to "get it working inside", which was the response I received when I asked if you can embed into Dashboard.

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Yesterday I also tried Mapsly on trial and it all looks good. Very powerful mapping features where you can color the groups, add layers, traffic radius, and so much more.

The only thing lacking right now is to generate an embedded code or URL for their maps. I asked their support and they said this feature will be released in 2-4 weeks time.

Their basic $25/user/month will be an extra. Not sure if I will be able to leverage it for multiple clients or convince each of my client to subscribe to it.

Google maps is totally useless right now as it is static and not linked to smartsheet, unless you are prepared to link Google sheets and smartsheet with Zapier or some other connector.

Some have suggested Power BI and given some instructions too. Will try them out soon. What used to take minutes in Smartsheetlabs would probably take hours to do now.

I wonder if smartsheet is considering releasing the mapping feature in future. Their proposed static Google maps solutions isn’t even an alternative. It’s apples and oranges :)

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I had an update on May 13 from Mapsly about the Shared Maps for SmartSheet.

They said:

"We are actually planning to release Shared Maps feature (in 2-4 weeks) that will allow other people to access your maps via URL/iframe and you can embed it to Smartsheet Dashboard since from what I understood Smartsheet gives this option.

You can read more about upcoming Shared Maps here:

https://mapsly.com/shared-interactive-maps/ "

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Erik_G
    Erik_G ✭✭
    edited 01/29/22

Hi @jamalkhalid79936 , @Frank Falco , @Mark Cronk ,

Mapsly Shared Maps have recently been approved by Smartsheet and can now be embedded into Smartsheet Dashboards using the Web Content widget. Previously it was only possible via Image/URL widgets.

I suggest giving it another shot. It might be difficult to configure a shared map at first, so I suggest contacting their support team as they provide all the necessary configuration free of charge.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.