In mobile app, search the data through the scanning the barcode

Options
Kaveri Vipat
Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 05/11/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Everyone,

Hope you doing great

In my sheet, I am using a form through which users need to scan the barcode for the Product number and update the status of the respective stage of the Process.

In the Smartsheet app, I opened the sheet in mobile view and I search the Product number through the barcode scanning option. So sometimes it scans the barcode properly and shows me the correct result and sometimes it shows "no match found".

Please suggest to me why it is happening. When I first tried this in front of seniors it shows "No match Found" and when I tried just after the meeting it shows the proper match.

Stay Safe and healthy

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kaveri Vipat

How soon after the form submission are you using the Search toolbar? Currently, the Search functionality may be delayed up to 10 minutes from when the information is added or updated to when the Search results will display that updated information.

So if you submit the form then immediately use the Search function to find that barcode, it's likely that the Search will return "no match found". If you wait a few more minutes then it should work as expected.

Please let the Product team know about your feedback and request for a faster Search result propagation by filling in this form, here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kaveri Vipat

How soon after the form submission are you using the Search toolbar? Currently, the Search functionality may be delayed up to 10 minutes from when the information is added or updated to when the Search results will display that updated information.

So if you submit the form then immediately use the Search function to find that barcode, it's likely that the Search will return "no match found". If you wait a few more minutes then it should work as expected.

Please let the Product team know about your feedback and request for a faster Search result propagation by filling in this form, here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• Kaveri Vipat
    Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P ,

Thank you for the information. Yes, I immediately search for the information that I entered.

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"