Conditional formatting

Hi there. I have a sheet that has very many columns, and I wanted to create conditional formatting rules. Apparently, smart sheet does not allow to do this for multiple columns all at once, so I wanted to ask if there could be an easier or more convenient way to achieve this without having to do one column at a time?

Thank you!

Answers

• Erica Cole
    Erica Cole ✭✭✭✭

Can you give more details on what you mean by multiple columns? If you use the drop down you can add a condition. Or if you are really creating the same/similar rules for different roles, you can hit clone and just make minor tweeks.

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to create the rules one column at a time, but you can use the one column to test other columns. For example, let's say I have three date columns that I want to test if they are in the past. I can create one column with an OR statement to test if each column is < TODAY(). Then I can use THAT column to format the three.

Now, that is probably not what you want, because it is going to format all three columns with the same formatting, regardless of which passes the test, but it's the best you have other than cloning and making changing each.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!