Count Empty Checkboxes on another sheet

Options

I'm pulling data from several sheets into one. For this particular column, I want to count the checkboxes not checked only if there is a date on the sheet. The formula I have tried is: =COUNTIFS({Tasks}, false, {Date 2}, "<>"), where Tasks is the area where all checkboxes are and Date 2 is the column with the Date in it. I'm getting Incorrect Argument. How can I correct this?

Best Answer

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/17/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry, my mistake

=COUNTIFS({Tasks}, 0, {Date 2}, (ISDATE(@cell)))

You need to use @cell in the function to reference in the cell in the lookup sheet

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Answers

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

try

=COUNTIFS({Tasks}, 0, isdate({Date 2}))

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Frank Falco that gave me an Unparsable error. How does this reference the date in the row of the Lookup sheet I am starting from (also called Date)?

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/17/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry, my mistake

=COUNTIFS({Tasks}, 0, {Date 2}, (ISDATE(@cell)))

You need to use @cell in the function to reference in the cell in the lookup sheet

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Frank Falco , nope. Incorrect argument. Don't we have to reference the Date column in the current sheet to compare?

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Frank Falco do you have any other ideas?

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/19/21
    Options

Are you still having issues?

The Code works if you reference {Task} and {Date 2} in another sheet, as a column range reference.

You asked in your original question to count when the Task is checked and the Date exists. That is what the code is does. It counts when you find a checked Task with a date in the range. You are not referencing a specific date in the source sheet, you are referencing a range in another sheet.

If you need any more help, I would need to see images of the two sheets and how you are referencing the range.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!