Non licensed user - report filter feature

Hello everyone,

I have a specific use case and I can't find the good way of resolving it :

I have some unlicensed users. Theses user only go on several reports in Smartsheet and just want to change some filters on the report. The fact is that you need a licence to change the filters in a report.

I only see two options for this use case :

1. I need to give licences to these users (but it represents a real cost for my organization, as these users only go on these reports and do not use all the other Smartsheet licenced features).

2. It seems that with Dynamic View I can share a view from a report. This view can be shared to a unlicensed user without any additional cost (?). Then this user can apply the filters he wants in the Dynamic View. So this second option would only cost me the Dynamic View global acquisition price.

Do you have any suggestion or advice from your own experiences ?

Thank you for your help, have a nice day,

Corentin

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra

Hope you are fine, the Dynamic View option is good and you can use this app to improve your security option in your domain.

but if you want a free solution i advise you to make copies of the same report with different filters that those users are using then design a small dashboard contains the links for those reports and share this dashboard with your unlicensed users. so they can open the same report with different applied filters.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers