I need help discovering a sum formula for a specific criteria in a column

Options

I am trying to figure out a formula where I can find the sum (total cost) of specific criteria in a column. To further explain the breakdown of what I need:

I have a "Total Spend" column and a "Sales Region" column. The Sales Region column includes WC1, WC2, WC3, WC4, GP1, GP2, GP3, GP4, NE1, NE2, NE3, NE4, etc.

I am trying to figure out the "Total Spend" for only "WC1, WC2, WC3, WC4"

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jadyn P

Hope you are fine, please use the following formula:

=SUMIFS([Total Spend]:[Total Spend], [Sales Region]:[Sales Region], OR(@cell = "WC1", @cell = "WC2", @cell = "WC3", @cell = "WC4"))

the following screenshot shows the result.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jadyn P

Hope you are fine, please use the following formula:

=SUMIFS([Total Spend]:[Total Spend], [Sales Region]:[Sales Region], OR(@cell = "WC1", @cell = "WC2", @cell = "WC3", @cell = "WC4"))

the following screenshot shows the result.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Jadyn P
    Options

Hi Bassam. This worked!!! Thank you so much. I was super close and you helped me fill in the gaps I was missing. So appreciated!!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jadyn P

You are welcome and I will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!