Questionnaire Approvals

Hello,

so working on creating a form where users answer questions for a submission project idea suggestion that include attachments. Once submitted two or more individuals for a specific department (3 dept selections available) need to approve. If declined it goes to the person who made the initial submission and informs them that it was declined. If approved it notifies several recipients so that they can see the approved project ideally with the original viewable attachments and all the questions that were answered (ideally in a pdf report style). Here are the issues and what is not working:

1. Attachments: a. can't seem to get them when person initially filling out the form requests to get an email for what they just filled, b. when project is approved cannot send or see attachments
  2. What kind of workflow can you create in forms to have 2 approvers (workflow: a. specific location fills out form, b. send form to (ie 2 approvers) approvers and only if both approve generates an auto email to specific recipients. Workflow for single approves for me but not if there are 2 or more.
  3. Generated 3 workflows for the 3 departments and when recipients get approval email the test is showing that they receive 3 emails for the same approved project not sure why

Can anyone aid?

Much appreciated.

Best Answer

• MONICA BUENDIA
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Again thank you so much for all your assistance in this matter. So the goal was to send the final approved report with attachments to several selected recipients automatically through email using the Smartsheet workflow. Note that I tried using "update request feature" on the last step for recipients to look at and it will not work because it allows them to modify the approved report. Any other suggestions?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @MONICA BUENDIA

I hope you're well and safe!

To ensure that the attachments are included, you'd need to use the Update Request feature instead. For it to be included in an Approval Workflow, the workflow must be triggered by the added attachment.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• So not following if the a. trigger of the workflow is the addition or change in a row, then it would go to b. (request an approval) the approvers (2 individuals) where the attachments can be seen. I then c. selected the condition for "request and update" so that if approved recipients can get attachments but it is not working. Where should this "update request" go?

• MONICA BUENDIA
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Again thank you so much for all your assistance in this matter. So the goal was to send the final approved report with attachments to several selected recipients automatically through email using the Smartsheet workflow. Note that I tried using "update request feature" on the last step for recipients to look at and it will not work because it allows them to modify the approved report. Any other suggestions?