SUMIFS formula help

I am trying to sum Range 1 if Range 3 and Range 4 meet the criteria in quotes but it keeps coming back unparseable. I'm sure I am typing it incorrectly can someone help?

=SUMIFS({2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 3}, "Accessories & Beauty", [{2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 4}], "Beauty", {2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 1})

Thanks,

Aaron

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Aaron,

Try:

=SUMIFS({2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 1}, {2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 3}, "Accessories & Beauty", {2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 4}, "Beauty")

Start the formula with the range you want summed. You don't need [ ] around an external range.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Aaron,

Try:

=SUMIFS({2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 1}, {2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 3}, "Accessories & Beauty", {2021 FLS Small Project Tracker Range 4}, "Beauty")

Start the formula with the range you want summed. You don't need [ ] around an external range.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Thank you Mark! That worked and makes total sense.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!