Automation between Workspaces and Sheets

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to move rows from a Workspace sheet to an Archive (existing) sheet in "Sheets" area, once the status of the product/project changes to cancelled. Problem: I want to maintain the hierarchy.

Ex:

"Teste 1"

If Status of Children & Parent = Cancelled then move all rows to Archive sheet (>> I believe I can do this using automation rule, right?)

"Teste 2"

If Status of Children 1 = Cancelled then:

1) Copy Teste 2_Parent row to Archive sheet

&

2) Move Teste 2_Children 1 to Archive sheet

(Obs: If I just move Teste 2_Children 1 to Archive sheet, I loose the hierarchy)

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Ana Filipa Monteiro

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ana Filipa Monteiro

I hope you're well and safe!

If you move the Parent, the Children will be included, and the hierarchy will be intact.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ana Filipa Monteiro
    edited 05/31/21

Hello Andrée,

It does in case of Teste 1_Parent, because its status it's the same as its Children (cancelled).

But I don't think it will work with Teste 2_Parent because Teste 2_Children 1 has status cancelled and Teste 2_Children 2 has status current. I want to move from the source sheet projects that are cancelled without loosing the hierarchy, meaning, I want to move Teste 2_Children1, with it's parent row: Teste 2_Parent while keeping in this sheet Teste 2_Children 2, with it's parent row: Teste 2_Parent.

Is there a way I can do this? For example doing a copy of Teste 2_Parent and move of Teste 2_Children 1, maintaining on the source sheet Teste 2_Parent & Teste 2_Children 2?

How can I do it?

Ex:

Move to destination sheet (automation?):

Maintain in the source sheet:

Thank you.

Ana Filipa Monteiro

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!