Can anyone fix these countifs and sumif functions.

Options

Hello. I am trying to make a dashboard with 2 charts.

one that shows how many projects each project manager is accountable for, as well as whether they are type A, B or C.

the other shows the income from each project manager's projects, as well as whether they are type A, B or C.

to do this I have made matrixes where I count either the sum using sumif and the amount by countifs.

this is the formula that is supposed to count to total income of the project manager's projects that are type A.

=SUMIFS([Net Sale Price 1.000 USD]1:[Net Sale Price 1.000 USD]173; [Project Manager]1:[Project Manager]173; "project manager's name"; Type1:Type173; "A").

this is the formula for the count of total projects for the project manager which are type A

=COUNTIFS([Project Name]1:[Project Name]173; Type1:Type173 = "A"; [Project Manager]1:[Project Manager]173; "project manager's name")

both just says 0. why is that? and how can I fix it?

*note: the project manager column is a dropdown column with contacts, I think that might be where my problem lies.

Answers

• Frederik Soerensen
    Options

hello. I use countifs and sumif to measure the income from projects that are type A from a Project manager, as well as the total amount of projects from the project manager that are type A.

I am using this to find income:

=SUMIFS([Net Sale Price 1.000 USD]1:[Net Sale Price 1.000 USD]173; [Project Manager]1:[Project Manager]173; "Name of project manager"; Type1:Type173; "A")

I am using this to find the amount of projects:

=COUNTIFS([Project Name]1:[Project Name]173; Type1:Type173 = "A"; [Project Manager]1:[Project Manager]173; "Name of project manager")

both says 0. How can I fix this and what is the correct formula?

*note: the "Project Manager" column is a contact list, I think this is where the problem is.

thank you in advance.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try:

=COUNTIFS([Project Name]1:[Project Name]173; Type1:Type173, @cell= "A"; [Project Manager]1:[Project Manager]173; CONTAINS("Name of project manager", @cell))

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!