showing screen shot in dynamic view

Hi team,

hope all well at your end.

I have required some screenshot in my Smartsheet column, screenshot added in column cells but not visible in dynamic view panel. please suggest how to show my screenshot in dynamic view.

Answers

• Hi @Yashwant Singh

Currently the only way to attach images in Dynamic View is by using the Attachments option per-row (versus embedding an image in a cell).

Please submit an Enhancement Request explaining your use-case so our Product team can hear about your feedback!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Glenn Meyer
    Glenn Meyer ✭✭✭

Genevieve P,

I have submitted an Enhancement Request. Can you tell us if this is a soon to be added function? This is a show stopper for my project.

We currently have a SharePoint site that offers surplus lab equipment to other non-profit organizations for adoption. We were about 75% finished with moving this to Smartsheet when we figured out that images cannot be displayed in Dynamic Views. When I first noticed this, I thought it was just a configuration and continued on with the build when I stumbled on this and another article saying it was not possible. 😲 This will force us to abandon Smartsheet and roll back to SharePoint. 😭

• Hi @Glenn Meyer

There has actually been an update to Dynamic View since this original post was created!

Although the grid of the Dynamic View does not display the image, if you click on a row you should see the cell image in the Details Panel. You can also upload images to a cell through the Details Panel as well. Here's the Release Note on this new feature.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now