Why can't I send a alert notification to an internal employee?

I have created a workflow where an email notification alert is provided when something is approved and something is declined. We do not want to share the data source sheet for we will have information that may be private. Here is what I see when I try to send to someone in my company an approved and declined form.

Test Performed

Workflow Alert (cannot enter an internal employee here when approving something)

Recipient cannot receive a declined email alert

Do I have to be an admin? And/if I am made and admin what are the next steps to being able to send email alerts to anyone?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are two different settings here...

The first is at the account level where a system admin can adjust what is allowed and not allowed regarding recipients. The second is at the sheet level. If you click on the little cog in the top right of the Automation box to open the settings, you should see a section that will adjust the restrictions. If an option is not available, either you will need to contact a system admin to have it changed on the account level or you will need to be made a system admin so you can change it yourself.

Of course that could also be the result of a company policy, so you may want to research it a little bi internally before making the change.

Answers