Updating Existing Formula: Counting Metrics

Options

Hello! I am working on a formula that I had once before that is not working when I transfer it to a new sheet and update the names of the rows that I wanted to add.

Prior Formula: =SUMIFS(CHILDREN(), CHILDREN([Recruiter Name]@row), AND(@cell <> "Full Time >0.5",

@cell + ROUNDDOWN(SUMIF(CHILDREN([Recruiter Name]@row), "Part Time/PRN", CHILDREN()) * 0.5)

The formula needed to count 1 for the Full Time hires, .5 for the part time/prn hires (rounded down), transfers, subtract for each ft rescinded and .5 rounded down for each of the PT/PRN Rescinded, and subtract for the 90 Day Terms.

An example: Recruiter 17 had:

17 FT Hires

24 PT/PRN Hires (counts for 12)

11 Transfers

but also had

4 ft rescind

5 pt/prn rescind (counts for 2)

0 prior month rescind

and 1 90 day term

Desired outcome would be for the parent to measure the children and output the correct number with the specified .5 round downs on the appropriate spaces.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Aimee,

Try:

=SUM(CHILDREN())-ROUNDUP(SUMIFS(Children(), CHILDREN([Recruiter Name]), @cell ="Full Time >0.5")*0.5)-ROUNDUP(SUMIFS(Children(), CHILDREN([Recruiter Name]), @cell ="Part Time/PRN")*0.5)-ROUNDUP(SUMIFS(Children(), CHILDREN([Recruiter Name]), @cell ="PT/PRN Rescind")*0.5)

Work? Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!