Additional Criteria - SUMIFS

Options
Romart Halasan
edited 06/04/21 in Formulas and Functions

Hi Everyone,

We are achieving to create a new adjustment in our visualization that will allow us to automatically calculate the total numbers of FTE per month drilled down to Status. Needing someone to correct my formula as it returns an error on my end.

Formula 1 for In Progress

SUMIFS({FTE}, {DateReceived}, AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2021), {OverallStatus}, "In Progress")

Formula 2 for Completed

SUMIFS({FTE}, {DateReceived}, AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2021), {OverallStatus}, "Done")

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Romart Halasan

It looks like you might just be missing the closing parentheses for the AND statement:

AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2021)) < this one

Try adding these in:

Formula 1 for In Progress

SUMIFS({FTE}, {DateReceived}, AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2021)), {OverallStatus}, "In Progress")

Formula 2 for Completed

SUMIFS({FTE}, {DateReceived}, AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2021)), {OverallStatus}, "Done")

Let me know if this works!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

@Romart Halasan

Ignore me!! Paul pointed out that your AND statement is actually closed.

Since the structure is correct, can you identify each of the columns you're referencing and what type they are?

{FTE},

{DateReceived}

{OverallStatus}

And yes, it would be helpful to know exactly what error you're receiving.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!