Method to show comments from a sheet on a dashboard

mlantermanmlanterman ✭✭✭✭✭
06/09/21
Accepted

Hello,

Is there a way to surface just the comments from a sheet into a dashboard?

Right now I have a report where the comments are seen at the row level, which is a step in the right direction. The limitation is I can only see the comments in either the report or the sheet.

The ultimate desire would be to display comments on the dashboard where the report is, and only pull in a column or two to give context. The business criteria is that we do not want all users to see the underlying sheet data, but we do want to give them visibility into the comments and conversations happening at the row level.

Perhaps I am not aware of a button or filter to allow comments on a dashboard?

Sheet:

Report:

Dashboard:

Popular Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve PGenevieve P admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi @mlanterman

Are you able to use the Publish function in the Report? If so, you can grab the Published link and use this in a Web Content Widget which will display the Report in your Dashboard while showing all the conversations and attachments.

Publish Report:

Web Content Widget:

Let me know if this will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve PGenevieve P admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi @mlanterman

Are you able to use the Publish function in the Report? If so, you can grab the Published link and use this in a Web Content Widget which will display the Report in your Dashboard while showing all the conversations and attachments.

Publish Report:

Web Content Widget:

Let me know if this will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• mlantermanmlanterman ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great idea @Genevieve P - I will try it out and hope the users agree to it!

~Matt