How do I create a 'drilled-down' chart in dashboard

Hi,

I have created a graph on a dashboard but I would like the ability to click on a value on the chart and drills or access the source data in a sheet to provide the user further information.

How do I do this?

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Rory,

Drill down capability into specific chart data doesn't exist yet. You can set the interaction to open the source report when you click the chart.

To do this:

Edit the interaction of the widget (interaction is what happens when you click the widget)

Follow these steps:

Edit the Chart Widget and click on Advanced Options. Under When this widget is clicked on, choose one of the following interaction options:

• Do nothing (no action)
    • Open the source sheet
    • Go to a URL
    • Open a Smartsheet item

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Rory,

Drill down capability into specific chart data doesn't exist yet. You can set the interaction to open the source report when you click the chart.

To do this:

Edit the interaction of the widget (interaction is what happens when you click the widget)

Follow these steps:

Edit the Chart Widget and click on Advanced Options. Under When this widget is clicked on, choose one of the following interaction options:

• Do nothing (no action)
    • Open the source sheet
    • Go to a URL
    • Open a Smartsheet item

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Christos
    Christos ✭✭✭✭

Is this type of Chart Drill-Down functionality available yet?

Are there any plans to add it as a feature?

• This is the #1 most requested feature from out stakeholders at my company.

Jeffrey McMillan CAPM, PMP

Project Manager, Financial Applications ERP

• Is this feature available now?