How do I create a 'drilled-down' chart in dashboard

Options

Hi,

I have created a graph on a dashboard but I would like the ability to click on a value on the chart and drills or access the source data in a sheet to provide the user further information.

How do I do this?

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Rory,

Drill down capability into specific chart data doesn't exist yet. You can set the interaction to open the source report when you click the chart.

To do this:

Edit the interaction of the widget (interaction is what happens when you click the widget)

Follow these steps:

Edit the Chart Widget and click on Advanced Options. Under When this widget is clicked on, choose one of the following interaction options:

• Do nothing (no action)
    • Open the source sheet
    • Go to a URL
    • Open a Smartsheet item

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Rory,

Drill down capability into specific chart data doesn't exist yet. You can set the interaction to open the source report when you click the chart.

To do this:

Edit the interaction of the widget (interaction is what happens when you click the widget)

Follow these steps:

Edit the Chart Widget and click on Advanced Options. Under When this widget is clicked on, choose one of the following interaction options:

• Do nothing (no action)
    • Open the source sheet
    • Go to a URL
    • Open a Smartsheet item

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Christos
    Christos ✭✭✭
    Options

Is this type of Chart Drill-Down functionality available yet?

Are there any plans to add it as a feature?

• Jeffrey McMillan
    Options

This is the #1 most requested feature from out stakeholders at my company.

Jeffrey McMillan CAPM, PMP

Project Manager, Financial Applications ERP

• Janet Jeevan
    Options

Is this feature available now?