Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

cell data randomly deletes!

Options

when resting my mouse in a cell, the content randomly deletes (with no action on my part).

How can this be stopped?  

screen recording of deleting - notice Column Title Row 2 - disappears NO ACTON on my part.

Comments

• Brent Nathan
    Options

Right before the data deletes, your mouse cursor changed as if it was "moving" the cell (your mouse cursor looks like a 4-way arrow) - it looks like you dragged the contents of the cell out of it or something to that effect.

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Doug,

Brent is right, it does look like your cursor is changing to a different "mode" that's causing the data to be cut or deleted. If you know you're not clicking any additional buttons, this might be specific to how your mouse interacts with Smartsheet. 

Logitec equipment has been known to interfere with Smartsheet due to the way their drivers and key mapping works. If you have a Logitec mouse, you might try using a different one.

Otherwise, contact our Support team to troubleshoot this further: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

• Stephen Smith
    Options

This is happening to me and I don't have a Logitech mouse it is happening across all my computers.  I can put something and then try to indent, shade it or whatever and it disappears.  When a sheet is opened whatever cell the cursor is on disappears.

I have used Smartsheet for years.  This is something new and it has turned this great program into crap.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stephen,

I hear you and empathize. I was surprised to find several threads about this issue, one written yesterday.

I'm in Smartsheet most of the day, every day and in addition have (briefly) tested on my three browsers and have not seen this yet (thankfully) as I would like be as annoyed as I believe you are. I use a Logitech mouse, but an older one. That you are experiencing it without a Logitech device is even more troubling.

Craig

• lumorrow
    Options

This has been happening to me for about 2 months now, it didn't used to and its so weird. I literally will click a cell move my hands away from the computer and mouse and the cell gets cleaned out within a few seconds. I have a Tecknet mouse and have been using it almost 2 years and it just recently started doing this.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

,lumorrow

Do you have a video capture program? I use one when I suspect either I am going crazy or odd things are really happening.

Craig 

• Stephen Smith
    Stephen Smith ✭✭✭
    edited 04/17/18
    Options

It happens to me all the time.  I find it usually happens in the first cell of a row.  Typically, happens when a sheet is opened and the cursor is sitting on a cell. If you catch it, you can just hit the reverse action icon, but if the sheet is saved before the data loss is noticed, the loss is permanent.  It is a big problem if the field contains key data like an account number or dollar amounts.  This makes Smartsheet unreliable for unduplicated data.  I have reported it, but no one at Smartsheet seems to care.

• This is happening to me. I have a logitech mouse. Anything I should know before I go purchase a new mouse....?

• I purchased a new bluetooth mouse over the weekend and removed my logitech one. This issue is still happening to me. It is incredibly frustrating. If the sheet saves or I don't notice the data has been removed before switching tabs, that information is lost.

Please help.

• I found another thread that referenced the application caffeine.exe as another cause of this issue. I have that application and disabled it to see if the problem is resolved.

This discussion has been closed.