Linking Cells

I have a few questions regarding this. Can someone please confirm the amount of cells I can link out to another sheet per sheet please? It seems the number is 20,000 from what I read, but need to confirm.

Also, is it possible to somehow link a cell to another cell on another sheet so that when it is clicked, it takes you to the linked cell? To my knowledge, hyperlinking would only take you to the sheet itself and not a particular row.

Best Answer

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Travis Myers

Hope you are fine, You can create links of up to 500 cells from the same source sheet at a time and can have a total of 20,000 inbound links in a destination sheet.

Yes hyperlinking would only take you to the sheet itself and not a particular row.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Travis Myers

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

• You could also use a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH combination, and then the limit is 100000 cells instead.
    • If you use a report and include the sheet link, it will take you that sheet's row when you click on it.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.