Struggling to pull info from one sheet into a consolidated summary on another

Options

Hi there - I'm really struggling to do something that I think (?) should be fairly easy. I have a main sheet with names & number of kilometers travelled by day. I'd like to create a separate summary that shows an overall view with EACH NAME listed and the relevant total number of kilometers. I can do it in Excel but can't get it to work in Smartsheet...

Best Answer

• Alejandro Ortega
    Alejandro Ortega ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Emily, one way you can do it is using a SUMIF formula on your separate sheet referencing your main sheet. Your Formula should look something like this:

=SUMIF({Name}, name@row, {KM})

Being {Name} the column where you have the names data on your main sheet and {KM} your column where you have your KM data. Im attaching some pictures, i hope this will help, if not let me know.

Answers

• Alejandro Ortega
    Alejandro Ortega ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey Emily, one way you can do it is using a SUMIF formula on your separate sheet referencing your main sheet. Your Formula should look something like this:

=SUMIF({Name}, name@row, {KM})

Being {Name} the column where you have the names data on your main sheet and {KM} your column where you have your KM data. Im attaching some pictures, i hope this will help, if not let me know.

• Emily Young
    Options

Thank you!!! Very helpful - it's finally working :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!