Dynamic View - Unable to update

Hello-

I have a team working with the dynamic view to do their work. In the view, they said that under the email fields that they are not able to override/change the email address that was put in from the original form. I cannot see anything that would keep them being able to and when I put a test example in, I don't have any problem changing (but I am the owner and sometimes hard for me to test).

Here are some screen shots of one of the email fields:

In the main sheet, the fields are not locked... also not restricted to only specific email addresses.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Amy

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Bedard

I agree, I can't see anything in your settings currently that would block users shared to this Dynamic View from making a change to that field.

Do you have any logic built on a different field to cause this to be Read-only?

If there is no logic built to change this field to be Read-only, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with full images of your Dynamic View configuration (as above), the email addresses of your collaborators, along with what the users see when they access the panel. Support will be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Bedard

I agree, I can't see anything in your settings currently that would block users shared to this Dynamic View from making a change to that field.

Do you have any logic built on a different field to cause this to be Read-only?

If there is no logic built to change this field to be Read-only, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with full images of your Dynamic View configuration (as above), the email addresses of your collaborators, along with what the users see when they access the panel. Support will be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Amy Bedard
    Amy Bedard ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for responding. I believe that the issue has been fixed. There was no logic built in, but it started working. I believe it might have been user error. He said it works now.

• No problem, I'm glad it's working for you now!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!