Vlookup with Drop Down Menu's

I was attempting to do a cross sheet vlookup to a number of task names and kept on getting #No Match. Is this because my tasks have drop-down menus in their cell? Or is there something else that is causing issues in my formula?

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Alexander Heath

Is your column type a single select dropdown column, or a multi-select dropdown column? Multi-select dropdowns may require use of special functions, depending on your formula. Also, please double check your formula versus the response that looking for. Extra spaces, plurals when the text is singular, or anything else that prevents text from being an exact match will cause No Match. In addition, data filters in the formula (ex, calling out a date that is not in your data set) will also cause No Match.

If you can give us a mocked up example of data sheet plus mocked up data of your destination sheet and the formula, the community may be able to better pinpoint the reason of the No Matches.

• Hi @KDM,

I want to move my columns of tasks and their respective percentages into a new sheet so I can make edits without affecting the master sheet, but still have live updates when new data is input into the master sheet. I have looked and saw Smartsheet doesn't have the capabilities to copy an entire column so I was attempting to use a vlookup to copy over the percentages I needed. How can I copy over my tasks while maintaining formatting? I think this is where my issue is arising.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Alexander Heath

There a few approaches I can think of. This link here provides a work around, uses extra sheets and the Copy Row automation, to maintain a dynamic list that allows you to use in a lookup. Other community members may have additional approaches to offer.

Depending on your license subscription, you may have access to smartsheet's premier app, Datashuttle. Using the new functionality of Datashuttle you can export an excel file on a schedule to a location , then import that excel file to another sheet, also on a schedule. This is awesome functionality if you have the access.

Let us know if you have questions with any of the above. And the more information you can share - screenshots are always so valuable, the faster the community will respond.

cheers

Kelly