Formula to add into max end date

Heather Mize
Heather Mize ✭✭✭✭

Hello! I need help with a formula when there are multiple rows of the same name with different estimated end dates - I need the furthest date to populate in the max end date column.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• Heather Mize
    Heather Mize ✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hello!

That was helpful for sure, however I still have a little hiccup. In the below example, there is one person on 3 lines on 3 different projects. The estimated end dates are listed as 12/31/21, 12/31/21 and 8/31/21. So what I need is for it to see those 3 dates and see what the latest date (12/31/21)is and populate that date in the last field on all 3 line items. I put in the formula you suggested and it gave me 3/31/22.

Any additional suggestions?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You are going to want to try something along the lines of...

=MAX(COLLECT([Estimated End Date]:[Estimated End Date], Name:Name, Name@row))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Heather Mize
    Heather Mize ✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Hello!

That was helpful for sure, however I still have a little hiccup. In the below example, there is one person on 3 lines on 3 different projects. The estimated end dates are listed as 12/31/21, 12/31/21 and 8/31/21. So what I need is for it to see those 3 dates and see what the latest date (12/31/21)is and populate that date in the last field on all 3 line items. I put in the formula you suggested and it gave me 3/31/22.

Any additional suggestions?

• Heather Mize
    Heather Mize ✭✭✭✭

It did work! So disregard! I found where the issue was on that one! :) Thanks a million for your help!!!!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. πŸ‘οΈ

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!