Moving a row after x # of days

Hello,

I have a set of sheets that we are using for tracking of the onboarding of employees. There is a sheet that will receive rows for employees who have been marked "completed." I am trying to devise a way to have a row automatically be moved to an "archive" table after a certain number of days. I do have a time/date created row that tracks when the employee hire was initially submitted as well as their hire date. I know I can configure automations to run based on dates but the dates on the row will be static. Is there a way via automation to have it reference a date in a row and then make a change based on how many days beyond that date we currently are?

Thank you,

Khari

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Khari Shiver

Hope you are fine, you can add a helper column call it "Counter" to count the days between any date you use it as a reference "Created Date", "Completed Date" and today using the following formula:

Today() - Reference Date

then you can use this column to design your move or copy row to your archive as a condition in designing you auto workflow for example ( when days greater than 10 move the row )

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Khari Shiver

Hope you are fine, you can add a helper column call it "Counter" to count the days between any date you use it as a reference "Created Date", "Completed Date" and today using the following formula:

Today() - Reference Date

then you can use this column to design your move or copy row to your archive as a condition in designing you auto workflow for example ( when days greater than 10 move the row )

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Khari Shiver
    Khari Shiver ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Bassam,

This is a great solution. Initially I was trying to create an automation that would reference the submission date but I could not get clarity on how the date trigger behave. I used your solution and created an additional "yes/no" field with an if statement. Once the counter column hits a value 30 or greater, the additional column changes to "Yes." The automation checks for a value of "Yes" in the column and moves the row when it sees it.

Thanks again,

Khari