How to Record Data Weekly

Hi,

I now have 1 main sheet, and then 4 different sheets where it moves over data to, 4 times throughout the month, using automation to move certain rows by month on the I.e. 7th etc. then I have a dashboard showing the different data of the 4 sheets, so you see 4 times throughout the month how the numbers changed.

Is there any way to record the data weekly?

so I'll have last week Friday, 2 weeks 3 weeks and 4 weeks ago Friday,

Thank you! 😀

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @A Rose

Hope you are fine, did you mean you want the date stamp for each row to be weekly?

Or you want the data that move between your 4 sheets to that sequence weekly instead of monthly?

Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

or you can call me to discuss this in details:

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @A Rose

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, you can set up a Workflow to copy the rows weekly on a specific day instead.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• A Rose
    A Rose ✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå & @Bassam Khalil ,

My issue is that if it copies every week from "Sheet A" to "Sheet B", then i won't know on "Sheet B" what is from this week and what is from 2 weeks ago,

the way it's now is that it copies from sheet a to sheet b on the 1st, then it copies from sheet a to "Sheet C" on the 7th, etc. etc.

But if it copies every week to a different sheet, how would i know what data is from 2 weeks ago?

because it's copying every week not every second week..

Thank you!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@A Rose

You can add a system column "created date" it will register the date that column been copied to sheet then you can create a helper column with formula to analyze the created date of the row and define the week

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@A Rose

Happy to help!

You could also add a so-called helper column to the main sheet that registers which week/month it is in separate columns if that would help?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!