any ideas for a tracker that shows when 100 staff are in or out of the office building?

Options

We are considering coming back to the office after Covid but it will not be life as it was. Working remotely will be more flexible. I'm trying to figure out how to track if people are "in office" or "working remotely" each weekday of the year for approximately 100 people.

Idea 1:

Card view:

one record per employee with 260 columns for each weekday of the year.

They can choose "in office" or "working remotely" for each day.

I can filter my cards to see who is in office or remote any day.

Collecting this data feels like it might be a nightmare. Do I give everyone access to the sheet and they update their row? Is there a good way to use update requests to get 1 month at a time? What happens if they change their plans? How do I stop one person changing another person's data?

Idea 2:

I looked in the templates and found "Employee Attendance Tracker Template" which I could tweak. 1 template for each employee. Drop down choices are for In Office or Working Remote. A report could merge the individual sheets. I could share a sheet to only the individual and they maintain it all year. The workspace and Report would be shared to limited managers for planning purposes.

Any other Ideas out there?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Pam Grant 

Hope you are fine, you can do that in an easy way by design an attendant tracking sheet that contains the following columns:

1- system column "Created Date"

2- Employee Name " Dropdown Single select" you add all your employee names

3- in or out of the office building " Dropdown Single select" with 3 options ( In-Out - Annual Leave )

then you can design on this sheet a form you can put it on Dashboard or send the link to your employee and inform them to submit each day their status ( In-Out-Annual Leave) and the system will record the date and time automatically.

after that, you can do so much analysis and reporting using that sheet.

if you like me to design this application for you with more advanced options please call me:

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Pam Grant

I hope you're well and safe!

What Smartsheet Plan do you have?

Do you know if you have access to Dynamic View or WorkApps?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Pam Grant
    Options

Hello @Andrée Starå

Thank you for your reply. We do not have Dynamic View or WorkApps.

• Pam Grant
    Options

Hello @Bassam Khalil

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate your offer to assist but I will continue to work on it, for now.

We need to know the employee's plans in advance so we can use them for planning audits and other meetings. A date field for them to choose the date they will be in would be useful.

• Geoff Hill
    Options

Hi @Pam Grant ,

Were you able to find a solution? We are looking for something very similar.

Thanks!

• Pam Grant
    Options

Hi @Geoff Hill

Short of asking staff to enter a form for every day, there were no other solutions that I found.

• AMPM_4ME
    AMPM_4ME ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Pam Grant I am looking for a similar solution. I would like to automate an email every two weeks where they can note which days they are in the office and which they are working from home.

More of a locator.

What did you end up with?

• Pam Grant
    Options

I was restructured and no longer needed to create this solution. Sorry - we did not come up with anything different than above.