Record Approval Date

Options

I have an automated workflow to get approval from different managers one after another and need to record the date of each aproval. I see a record a date option available and used it at the end of the series. But is there any way to use it after every approval request?

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/29/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Chamudi Withanawasam

Hope you are fine, yes you can add automation after each approval step using the condition of the approval manager to record the approval date for each one.

for example, if you have Manager 1 & Manager 2 then you design you automation sequence as follows:

Manager 1 Approve Then Record Date for Manager 1 then if date is recorded send to get Manager 2 Approval then record the Date for Manger 2

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/29/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Chamudi Withanawasam

Hope you are fine, yes you can add automation after each approval step using the condition of the approval manager to record the approval date for each one.

for example, if you have Manager 1 & Manager 2 then you design you automation sequence as follows:

Manager 1 Approve Then Record Date for Manager 1 then if date is recorded send to get Manager 2 Approval then record the Date for Manger 2

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chamudi Withanawasam

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, you'd only need to add a column for each and multiple record a date workflows that look at the Approvals.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.