Displaying manually entered times of day on a shared sheet in different time zones

Options

Hi. First of all, I'm relatively new to Smartsheet. I've searched through the forum but haven't found an answer to the particular issue I'm having (or at least one that makes sense to me!)

I'm an Instructional Designer working on a 12 day curriculum. Each day has a breakdown of the scheduled activities and the time of day each occurs. (partial time of day column screen shot below) The time of day entries are all manually input.

The issue I'm facing is this 12 day curriculum is then shared with the Instructors who teach the course. I am in CST, but the instructors are spread across multiple time zones in the US (including Arizona which switches back and forth).

So here is my question: Is it possible for the manually entered times of day to display in whatever time zone the instructors are located?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My suggestion would be to have separate start and end time columns for input. You can then join them together in a "display" column. This will help with data formatting. I noticed an entry with a space after the hyphen which makes the end solution more complicated.

Then I would suggest a separate column for each of the different possible time zones.

If that sounds like an option, I would be happy to help with the formulas.