Card View showing Undefined Column

In my sheet, I switch from Grid View to Card View, but the columns don't list out all Owners although each list item has an Owner. Some items are shown under an Undefined column. How can I get the Card View to recognize the Owner names for those appearing in the Undefined column? That way there are columns showing each Owner and their respective items they are working on.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Melissa Gainer

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• It goes under "Uncategorized", sorry not undefined. @Bassam Khalil

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Melissa Gainer 

Could you please share the same screenshot in grid view

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Yes, here is some of the grid view @Bassam Khalil

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/01/21

Hi @Melissa Gainer

I hope you're well and safe!

The uncategorized section shows all the rows that don't have a value in the view you're in (Assigned To).

Could it be placeholders/parent rows or something else?

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Melissa Gainer
    edited 07/01/21

@Andrée Starå Thanks for responding. No, in the Card View it is set to filter based on the Assigned To field, so all names should display in columns. There are a few people who are assigned initiatives in the Assigned To field, yet their name does not appear in Card View columns, they actually appear, but in the Uncategorized column even though there is a name in the Assigned To field. (the uncategorized column has 194 items in it - all of which except maybe 3 have someone assigned in the Assigned To field)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Melissa Gainer

Happy to help!

Strange!

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello @Andrée Starå

Wondering if you ever found a solution to this? I am having a similar issue, we have a multiple sheet report pulling identical fields. Same name, all are calculated formulas to hard-code a pre-determined client ID in a sheet used to enter delivery dates for a given client. all client IDs show fine in grid and calendar view, but in card view, one is showing as "uncategorized" rather than in the lane for their value. Any help would be appreciated.

• JackieS
    JackieS ✭✭

@lurapadrutt - Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm having the same problem with a report. In grid view, everything is assigned to a contact. When I switch to card view, everything shows as uncategorized. And the list of people across the top doesn't even match those in the grid. Interestingly, I have several of these reports built out for various teams (all created from a copy) and some of the card views work as expected and some do not. Thanks for any help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!