New to Smartsheet. trying to figure out a formula

I am trying to figure out a formula that will help me track data. I work in construction so I think this will help me out.

Example, I have 100 duration days to complete interior framing. I have gone through the schedule a picked what is interior framing and that will give me a % complete of what is done.

Now what I am asking for is. Is there a formula that will, When the % completion gets higher. The duration of days will get lower? Example, I type in 10% in % complete column and the duration will go from 100 to 90 days.

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try enabling the dependencies and se if that makes a difference. It may be that because the dependencies are not enabled the Duration column is simply a text value because of the "d" included in the string as opposed to being stored as a numerical value (number of days for dependencies).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Happy to help. 👍️

In this particular instance, yes. Dependencies should be enabled. There are ways to write formulas to accomplish this without dependencies though.

There is definitely a bit of a learning curve with Smartsheet, but once you get the basics down you should be pretty well off. This Community is a great resource and so is the learning center for getting up and running. Best of luck to you and don't hesitate to ask plenty of questions.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!