Multiple Forms for a single sheet - Identifying the Submission source

Hi All,

We have created a two forms from the one sheet and we can see in manage forms there are a different amount of respondents from one form vs the other. What we cant figure out is how to show the source of the response in the sheet? Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Tags:

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Steve Borg

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add another column (Source) that indicates which form was submitted.

In the form, you'd select a default value for that column that would be the source, and you can also hide it, so it's not visible in the forms.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic 4th of July weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Steve Borg

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add another column (Source) that indicates which form was submitted.

In the form, you'd select a default value for that column that would be the source, and you can also hide it, so it's not visible in the forms.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic 4th of July weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andree,

I hope you are keeping safe and well too!

Thats a great suggestion for new forms but is there a way to surface the data from the existing forms? Its clear the data exists in the smartsheet system as its flagging how many submissions we have from each form we just cant find a way to get this info from the sheet or even in a report. Do you know if its possible to surface this information?

Thanks

Steve

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve Borg

Happy to help!

Glad to hear it, and I am as well.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible to see which form was submitted, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!