Count by date modified

Hi!

I would like a COUNT of Number of Task Items (these are multi-select) of the number of "lodging" for the past 7 days but I want to go by the date modified.

What am I doing wrong?

My formula isn't working:

=COUNTM(COLLECT(Task:Task, Modifiedby:Modified by, @cell >= TODAY(-7), Modifiedby:Modifiedby, @cell <= TODAY(), HAS(Task:Task, "Lodging", @cell)))

I keep getting Unperseable

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@mmschneider113031

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time, Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mmschneider113031

Hope you are fine, i think the problem is the space you left in "Modified by" in your formula, please try the following:

=COUNTM(COLLECT(Task:Task, Modifiedby:Modifiedby, @cell >= TODAY(-7), Modifiedby:Modifiedby, @cell <= TODAY(), HAS(Task:Task, "Lodging", @cell)))

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Mindy Schneider
    Mindy Schneider ✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/05/21

That is still giving me the same error....I wasn't sure if it could "count" from days from the auto-date field? Hopefully so!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/05/21

@mmschneider113031 

Please try the following new formula:

=COUNTIFS(Task:Task, CONTAINS("Lodging", @cell), Modifiedby:Modifiedby, AND(@cell >= TODAY(-7), @cell <= TODAY()))

the following screenshot shows the result

PMP Certified

• Mindy Schneider
    Mindy Schneider ✭✭✭✭

That worked! THANK YOU!! I can never seem to get these right!

Much appreciated!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@mmschneider113031

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time, Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!