Report creation wizard don't show all columns of the sheet

I am trying to create a smartsheet report using an existing sheet. When trying to add columns, I only see the following. How can I get all fields that are there in my smartsheet to appear here so I can create a meaningful report.

Created

Created by

Modified

Modified by

Best Answer

• Birendra Illeperuma
    Answer ✓

@Andrée Starå thank you so much for checking. Yes, my sheet has multiple columns including some custom-made. You know what, I actually figured out the error. There seem to be two options at the report creation asking whether it is 1) Row 2) Sheet summary. I seem to have selected the Sheet summary before.

It works for me now after creating a fresh one using the Row report option.

Your best vibes seem to help click it.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Birendra Illeperuma

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange! have you made sure that you've selected the correct sheet?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Birendra Illeperuma

To add to Andrée's advice, it sounds like you selected Summary Report as the type of Report, which will only look at System columns and your Sheet Summary fields.

Instead, try creating a Row Report, which will look at the grid of your sheet (the columns and rows). See this Help Center article for more information on Reports.

Let me know if this helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Birendra Illeperuma
    Answer ✓

@Andrée Starå thank you so much for checking. Yes, my sheet has multiple columns including some custom-made. You know what, I actually figured out the error. There seem to be two options at the report creation asking whether it is 1) Row 2) Sheet summary. I seem to have selected the Sheet summary before.

It works for me now after creating a fresh one using the Row report option.

Your best vibes seem to help click it.

• @Genevieve P Thank you!. Yes, that was the issue. I have figured it out later. For some reason, most online materials don't specifically outline that step in the report creation process. Hope this question in the community will help someone else running to the same mishap.