Forms - multiple values selected from dropdown - entered in separate rows

Options

Hi ,is there the ability when using Smartsheet forms - that the selected values from a dropdown are entered in a different row ? and not in a different column.

E.G - user selects from dropdown 2 values part of the same group - the 2 values will need to be showed up underneath each other in the same column , but in a different row .

Is this possible ?

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/06/21
    Options

Hi @Laura Luypaert 

Hope you are fine, Unfortunately, this feature is not currently available. but why you don't use multi select dropdown menu for each group so the user select the group then select 2 or more part for this group and it will summitted in the same row.

and if your work need the user to select 1 part each time then he can submit his request for each part and same group one by one. and you can configure your form to stay open to receive multi input until the user finish submitting all his requests. then he close the form.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Laura Luypaert
    Options

Hi , @Bassam Khalil

Not sure I understand what you mean with below ? Can you please explain?

and if your work need the user to select 1 part each time then he can submit his request for each part and same group one by one. and you can configure your form to stay open to receive multi input until the user finish submitting all his requests. then he close the form

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/06/21
    Options

@Laura Luypaert 

for example if you have a group called ( X ) and this group contains 3 parts ( A,B,C ) and the user need to submit 2 rows Group X one With Part A & Group X one With Part B, then the user will use the form 2 time to submit his entry and you design your form with this option :

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Agata OKeeffe
    Options

Hi @Bassam Khalil I guess your suggestion would be helpful however when I use it, I see a person who fills out a form will yet again need to enter the basic info from the original form: such as Trainer Name, Student Name etc...anyway we can have a form reloaded but keep the basic info in?

Thank you

• Trang Nguyen
    Trang Nguyen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You could create the 2 forms and then create the the URL strings from Group X Part A fields you want auto populate in the 2nd form. So the basic information from the original form transferred over and you have the fields in the 2nd form you want for your 2nd Group X Part B