I'm trying to grab name from a row on a separate sheet where the row matches two criteria.

Christian Graf
Christian Graf ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to grab a name from a row on a separate sheet where the row contains "Completed" and the same part number.

Here is the equation I'm attempting to use but get "UNPARSEABLE"

=INDEX({Employee Name Column}, COLLECT({Employee Name Column}, {Part Number Column}, [Part Number]@row, {Part Complete? Column}, "Completed"))

1st Page Below is where the equation originates.

Second Page is where I'm trying to match the part number to the first page and populate completed by with the employee who completed the part.

Ideally I would be able to add multiple names if two employees completed the same part.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/06/21 Answer βœ“

Hi @Christian Graf

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(JOIN(COLLECT({Employee Name Column}, {Part Number Column}, [Part Number]@row, {Part Complete? Column}, "Completed"), " / "), "")

Data Sheet Screenshot

Formula Sheet Screenshot

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/06/21 Answer βœ“

Hi @Christian Graf

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(JOIN(COLLECT({Employee Name Column}, {Part Number Column}, [Part Number]@row, {Part Complete? Column}, "Completed"), " / "), "")

Data Sheet Screenshot

Formula Sheet Screenshot

PMP Certified

β˜‘οΈ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Christian Graf
    Christian Graf ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam Khalil

That worked pefectly!

Thank you so much!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Christian Graf

Excellent, I will be happy to help you anytime

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!