Creating a formula that uses the output of a formula in another column

I have column that generates a True /False answer using the formula below:

=IF(ISBLANK([Published date]@row), "", (IF([Published date]@row <= [Date due]@row, "True", "False")))

I want to work out the percentage that are "True" in a separate column.

The formula I had created stopped working a while ago and shows as #INVALID OPERATION and I can't work out why:

=COUNTIF([Within Target?]:[Within Target?], "True") / COUNT([Within Target?]:[Within Target?])

(Column was set show as %)

Is anyone able to spot where I am going wrong?

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/07/21

Hi @Becky Garrett 

Hope you are fine, If your column [Within Target?] is checkbox type and if you traying to calculate the percentage of checked rows to the total rows please try the following formula:

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS([Within Target?]:[Within Target?], 1) / COUNTM([Date due]:[Date due]), "")

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi,

The contents of the Within Target? column are generated by a formula and display as text - True, False.

The formula used is the one below:

=IF(ISBLANK([Published date]@row), "", (IF([Published date]@row <= [Date due]@row, "True", "False"))).

Using the above, altered as below, returns no results

=IFERROR(COUNTIFS([Within Target?]:[Within Target?], "True") / COUNTM([Date due]:[Date due]), "")

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!