Notification when web form is submitted

I have a contracts workspace set up with a form attached to the main contracts sheet. Employees can submit a request for a new contract using the form, and this will auto-populate several columns with the data we need to create the contract. I'm trying to figure out how to add an alert/notification so that our contracts team is notified/receives an email when a new contract is submitted using the web form only. I don't want the notification to go out if someone on the contracts team is adding a new contract to the sheet, only when other employees (not within the contracts team) is "adding a row" via the web form. Is this possible?

Answers

• Chuck Rodgers
    Chuck Rodgers ✭✭✭✭

You may want to create a column you can use to designate that the row came from form submission. So you created a column named Data From. In your form you can create a hidden field with a value of WEB. Then in your sheet you can create an automation that says when a row is added and the value of Data From is WEB send an email.

• Chuck, I have the same problem.

When a new design request is submitted, my team and I need an email sent to our "design" email. I am pretty new to Smartsheets, and I can't find an answer for this anywhere with photos showing steps on how to do this.

Please let me know if you can help us out! Thank you so much