Forms - I am creating a form for a different cohort of students

I was wondering what happens with smartsheet if the same student submits a second application? Will it over write their existing application - eg if a student is in year 1 now and submits the form, and then lodges the form again , when they are in their year 2, will it overwrite the previous records submitted in year 1?

Thank you so much,

Diana

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Diana Salmon 

Hope you are fine, every form summation will create a unique records ( Row ) in smartsheet grid. and you can add the system columns ( Created Date ) to check the time and date of creation

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• @Bassam Khalil thank you so much for answering, I understand, but If I have multiple forms feeding information into the same sheet, then how can I create identify that the same person has submitted the form in 2021 and then did it again in 2022?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Diana Salmon 

you can use formula like "COUNT(DISTINCT(COLLECT" to check how many time the same user submit the same form, if you like i can help you to do that but i need to have admin permission on a sample copy of your workspace  (after removing or replacing any sensitive information) to create the exact formula for you then you can copy that formula to your original summary sheet.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• @Bassam Khalil, thank you so much, I'm still working out on the form/forms but once I finish then I can definitely look into getting your assistance wit the formula.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Diana Salmon

Excellent, Have a nice weekend.

PMP Certified