Multiple projects - one sheet or multiple sheets?

We are trying to manage all our projects through smartsheet. I'm trying to determine if using one sheet for all projects or multiple sheets is best. We want to create reports and dashboards of all the projects to evaluate things like how may projects each project manager has, how many high priority vs. low priority projects, how many projects by current sprint, future sprints, etc. I'd also like to create some type of logic within projects for date dependencies. I started to create multiple project sheets, but found that if I create a rollup for my dashboard I have to create extensive formulas to read each project. When I create one sheet for all projects, the date dependencies seem to be for the entire sheet.

Does anyone have any insight into the best way to management multiple projects and do all the above? Or where in the help features I should be looking?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Angie Little

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend creating a so-called Intake Process and then a templatized structure that you copy for each project, and then everything is connected.

If you want to automate it, even more, you should research the Premium add-on, Control Center.

Let me know if you want to explore that option further.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.