Converting multiple entries per row into multiple rows with one entry

Hello,

My team needs to associate multiple names with an ID. We have a very large number of IDs. Currently, the users enter all the names on one row. I would like to create a sheet that displays one row for each name and ID combination. We have access to various premium Smartsheet offerings. Do you have any suggestion on how to do this?

Example of current input: IDs with multiple names per row

Identical names have the same colour.

Example of desired output: One row for each ID and name combination

Thank you!

Neil

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Neil Egsgard

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Neil Egsgard
    Neil Egsgard ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, Andrée. Thanks for the response. I have shared the sheets with you, screen shots and process description are below, and I publish the sheets as view only.

The process is:

Project ID and Names sheet (https://publish.smartsheet.com/beb75a2d897843048897112378d80086)

1. Project details are integrated onto the Project ID and Names sheet. There is a lot of other columns on that sheet that are not relevant. There is one row per project.
    2. Users fill in up to 4 names per project and other information that is not relevant to the problem.

Automated data transfer to Project, Names, Quantity, and Pay sheet

This is part where I need help. I am not sure how to automatically rearrange the data above into one row per project + name combination shown below.

Project, Names, Quantity, and Pay sheet

(https://publish.smartsheet.com/35ddd2cc39714ee6877eb56cc5f72290)

1. Rate type and rate amount autofill from another integration.
    2. User enters quantities for each period.
    3. Pay is automatically calculated.

Have a good day,

Neil