Is there a way to create a form that utilizes a drop down and brings in info entered?

We are looking to create a form where we have 3 stages of lab testing that are done on a bin. I would like to create a form where stage 1 can enter basic data for that bin and the testing completed in stage 1, then have our 2nd lab person go to the form, select the bin number and the data from stage 1 testing would automatically populate and then have new blank fields for stage 2 testing, same thing for stage 3 testing. User would select the bin number from the drop down, information already entered from stage 1 and 2 would populate and lab tech would enter new data for stage 3 testing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kerry Hurd

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using a form to start the process and then Update Requests?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kerry Hurd
    Kerry Hurd ✭✭✭

Andree - I think that could work however we have 650 bins that we sample and 5-8 people that might enter the results. I believe setting it up with the Update Request option would generate 650 emails to 5-8 different people correct? Just want to verify that this is the only option as this is very close to what we are looking for. It would just be more efficient if the user could select the bin name vs waiting for an email and receiving so many per day if that is an option with Smartsheet. Thanks for your help!!

Kerry