What does "Row Hierarchy Changes" mean

Hello,

When I see the notice "Row Hierarchy Changes (#some number)" does this mean the person expanded the view on a parent row or is there some other change being done? Is there any significance with the number between the parenthesis?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Glenn Butler

You can test all your suspicion and check the reflection on the activity log, but after each exercise save the sheet and refresh to see what you did in the activity log.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Glenn Butler 

Hope you are fine, when you change or add the level of you Hierarchy the activity log will register Row Hierarchy Changes and the number shows how many rows are changed.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thanks Bassam. When I think of a change, I think of adding something or deleting something. As your example, "change or add the level" would imply. My suspicion is I'm getting these messages when someone expands or collapses a view. Which is not a change in the sense of data being manipulated. My struggle is I see these messages and am unable to determine what was changed. If you are correct and say they changed "6" rows of hierarchy, I would expect to see the evidence but I am not. Unless I'm misunderstanding, on my snippet, at 5:24:56 someone changed six rows hierarchy. It does not tell me where or what, only that it changed.. What am I to learn from this? In the smartsheet in question I use hierarchy for formulas etc... so if someone manipulated a rows hierarchy I would like to know where so I could check. Unfortunately, I'm still confused regarding the meaning behind this message.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Glenn Butler

You can test all your suspicion and check the reflection on the activity log, but after each exercise save the sheet and refresh to see what you did in the activity log.

PMP Certified

• Ah. I wish I would have thought of that!☺️ Yep. that did it. My suspicion is correct. I expanded a row and sure enough the change log noted it. Perfect. Thanks for you help!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Glenn Butler 

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified