Immediate Auto-Save

I'm trying to implement a solution for a team that needs changes automatically and immediately saved so the rest of the team can see the changes without delay.

Is there a way to set each user's auto-save to immediate, rather than the current 1 minute? Or is there another suggestion for how to setup the sheet so that the sheet does not need to be manually saved, or so that 1 minute of inactivity is required?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @C. Peter Datz

I hope you're well and safe!

If they will be able to see the changes immediately depends on what kind of information it is.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I can't really share the sheet or screen shots as it's all confidential sales pipeline information, but here is some additional detail.

• team consists of about 10 people
    • a form is used to create new projects (rows)... new projects are initialized into the "To Do" phase/lane in card view
    • once new rows are entered and appear in card view, the project is then considered open/available to all other team members to select and start working
    • if someone has the card opened and is making changes (i.e. assigning themselves, changing phase, checking off items) they want to have those changes visible to all others in real-time to prevent others from also working that card and possibly duplicating efforts, as they take the assignment and start working in a separate estimation solution.
    • for example, if one person opens a card, assigs themselves, and moves it from the "To Do" to "Takeoff" phase, they'd like these changes to appear ASAP so somebody else does not do the same work.

As context, this group is being converted from using a Trello board, where all changes are posted "live", so this is pretty much the only hurdle preventing adoption, or at the very least generating some negative feedback.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information to help clarify the need.

Thanks!

• Hello. Did anyone resolve this issue? We are apparently switching as an organization from MS Project to SmartSheet, but it is driving me crazy that I have to refresh to see any contributions that my colleagues have made to the SmartSheet. We like to work in a collaborative environment, but this tool is anything but! Please advise to either a workaround or tell me that it is fixed and show me how to implement this feature. Thanks!