Sumif Month Formula

Hi

I'm trying to find a formula that will sum up Hrs if a month is e.g. 6 - see screen shot below for the forumla I'm using but it's coming back with a blank, despite hours being calculated

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Cheryl

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=SUMIF(Date:Date, MONTH(@cell) = 6, Hrs:Hrs)

Or

=SUMIFS(Hrs:Hrs, Date:Date, MONTH(@cell) = 6)

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå

I'm good thanks Andree, hope you are too? Thanks for this I had tried the formula you suggested but it didn't seem to like that either however, I have now had to take a different tact and am having issue with summing a column now!

The hours helper column (green column) has the following formula: =IF([1]@row = "Empty", "0", IF([1]@row = "Quarter", "1.75", IF([1]@row = "Half", "3.5", IF([1]@row = "Three Quarter", "5.25", IF([1]@row = "Full", "7")))))

I want to total the column and have used the usual SUM formula but it just comes to zero?!

Why will it not add the column up?

TIA

Cheryl

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Cheryl Collins

You're more than welcome!

We solved this in the other post, right?

To add.

The issue we fixed would probably be fixed by using the below formula instead. I removed the "" around the number so they are interpreted as numbers instead of text in Smartsheet.

=IF([1]@row = "Empty", 0, IF([1]@row = "Quarter", 1.75, IF([1]@row = "Half", 3.5, IF([1]@row = "Three Quarter", 5.25, IF([1]@row = "Full", 7)))))

Did that work/help?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!