Issue with dragging a vlookup to the right

I have a sheet with a table of vlookups, 3 rows deep and 15 columns wide. One date per row, and the columns have "standards " - gold silver or bronze. I have vlookups to return values in another table on the same page, and these all work.

However, I need to replicate this in 24 other sheets....and seeing as I am unable to copy 45 formulas (3 rows deep x 15 columns wide), I am trying to do the next best thing and just do the first column , and then drag the formula across the next 14 columns; while awkward this will save me considerable time.

In my initial formula in the first column, I have made the column to reference on absolute, and the table array absolute to make sure it is looking up on the correct column and looking in the correct place. I haven't made the column to return the result from absolute as this is the value I want to change as i drag my formula to the right.

However, as I drag it right, this number is not changing and therefore all 15 columns are showing the same of the first column.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this happening and how i can get around it?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rob Wright

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rob Wright
    Rob Wright ✭✭✭✭

In picture 1 is my first formula, and in picture 2 you can see how the formula shows in the next columns over when I drag it to the right. The 2 (to return the result from) doesn't change when I drag it right...

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!